Monday 18 April 2016

3MW Pitch

My idea is to create a documentary based upon mine and my friends passion for going to Gigs, i want to basically show why we love live music and why we appreciate it, I want to get the opinions towards live music from various people around college, to show the comparison of  the experience of listening to music in a general format. Over the next the few weeks i'm going to shows in my local area so i want to get some footage of live music and want to show the experience through the camera.

The format will be an interactive documentary because the documentary is essentially me going to local gigs in the area and interacting with the people around me in a situations that may be new to others. It will show me talking about myself as well not just others if it was not me in front of the camera at all it would be observational but because it's mostly focused upon my passion for live music and to show i'm not the only one who likes live music i'm showing the opinion of others.

My target audience is mostly Students aged between the ages 16-20, because i'm trying to encourage people around my age to do visit more live music events and use it as a better pass time besides other things, that is my main audience goal but the outcome is to really reach anyone who has interest in live music or wants to get more into live music. My main goal of making this documentary in general is just to show anyone who enjoys music, why me and people go to gigs and what time of immersive experience it creates and how going to shows supports artists and the music industry.

I will be filming mostly around two venues in Norwich, The Nick Rayns LCR (located on university grounds of UEA, The LCR, Norwich, NR4 7TJ , United Kingdom) which mostly consists of the bigger acts which are perform in Norwich  and The Waterfront  (139-141 King Street, Norwich, NR1 1QH, United Kingdom) The cost of travel will vary, i will receiving lifts to both of the gigs. the rest of the footage from my friends who i won't be attending either of the shows at gig will be interviewed at college which will obviously not cost for travel.

For the documentary I won't necessarily need any crew, it will just be me occasionally filming myself on the camera, with a tripod giving to exposition into why i will be filming this documentary and rest will be interviewing on a tripod or handheld depending if i am in college or not, since this also individual project so I have planned on how to film without a crew member.

Interview Questions:  Why do you go to gigs?, what is the best gig you have been to, do you think its a rewarding pass time? Etc.

The production will not require any props or costumes, the equipment i will require is a DSLR camera with SD card and A tripod. None of the equipment will be bought i will rent it all a free price from the AV room located in the college .





  























No comments:

Post a Comment